||Progressive Community Center
56 East 48th Street
Chicago, IL 60615
1. Model (Please check only one. Complete separate forms for different collaboration models.)
2. Collaboration Type (Check all that apply to this collaboration model.)
3. Partnership Initiated By
|Hours per day:
|Days/Weeks per year:
||248 days per year, 5 days/week
|Holidays or other time “off” or closed:
||12 Holidays; 3 staff in-service
|If this is an Early/Head Start collaboration, please indicate the program option & number of Early/Head start hours:
||center based; part day HS with child care to extend
6. Number of Children Served Full-Day/Year by Location, Setting & Age
Setting includes: Head Start/Early Head Start site; Child care center; Family child care homes; Public/private school system; Other (explain/describe)
|56 East 48th Street, Chicago
7. Total number of children served by organization
8. Total number of children served by partner’s organization (if applicable). Note: this means an early care & education partner with whom you are collaborating. Agencies that checked “One Agency, Multiple Funders” in question 1, page 1 of this survey will NOT complete this question.
9. Funding used to support full-day/year services (Check all that apply.)
10. Administration/Management (Check either yes, no or not applicable – NA – for each item.)
11. Has the collaboration had an impact on the partner’s internal practices with regard to (check yes or no for each item):
12. Program Services (Make 2 checks for each item – 1 to indicate which partner is primarily responsible for direct service delivery and the other to indicate which children receive that service – all or just the collaboration children.)
13. Primary objectives for beginning this collaboration (check all that apply)
14. Collaboration Development & Management
15. Program Components: Please answer the following questions about your collaboration program. Show in column 2 which partner is responsible for each program component. Check which children receive the program component in the last 2 columns - either all children in the classroom(s) or just the collaboration children.
Answer the following questions IN AS FEW WORDS as possible, still giving a picture of how your collaboration works. Use bullet point lists whenever possible.
16. List/describe any other program components included in the collaboration that are not described in items 12 and 15 (pages 3-4).
17. Please describe how budgeting and cost sharing among funding sources is done. How do you decide how costs will be shared? What are the financial arrangements between partners?
Cost is shared by using a cost allocation plan based on square footage, time and percentage.
18. Please explain how your collaboration is staffed. Include classroom and support staff and tell how this is changed/different from your regular program. Who funds the staff’s salaries? Who supervises the staff and who employs them? What salaries and benefits are offered collaboration staff and is this different from other staff?
Staff has not changed. 3 classrooms; 2 Teachers per classroom. Staff is paid by all funding sources. The Director supervises the teaching staff. All benefits are offered to all staff.
19. Please tell about your written agreement, if you have one. Include: what the agreement covers (section titles); term (what the time period is); if finances are part of the agreement and how these were figured; etc.
We have a shared space agreement with the church. We contribute monthly to the use of the space. We cannot afford to pay fair market value of the space. The difference is donated as in-kind from the church.
20. Please describe the training system for your collaboration. Include what kind of training is done, how costs are shared among funding sources and/or partners, and how it has changed since the collaboration began.
Each funding source provides training & workshops. All information is shared with all staff members.
21. Please give any other details about your collaboration that you believe are important, but not covered elsewhere.
Child care funds decrease. Head Start funds increased.
22. If you could start your collaboration over again, knowing what you know now, what would you do differently?
Would have more funding sources. Budget amounts would be more.
23. What advice do you have for agencies/homes starting new collaborations?
Copyright 2005 Collaboration Model Description. Template. HS State Collab Office.10.05